A new weekly feature where college and pro football meet, the NFL draft. 10 of last 11 teams who got the first overall pick have finished with 2 or fewer wins. There is no reason to think this year will be any different.
These teams got their third win this past week:
- Dallas Cowboys
- Green Bay Packers
- Philadelphia Eagles
- San Diego Chargers
- St. Louis Rams
Somethings Gotta Give
These are no games featuring both teams with only two wins. –
11 teams still have two wins or less. Wins are in parenthesis. Games listed are against other teams on this list.
- Atlanta Falcons (1) – TB, @CAR, @TB, @BUF, WSH, CAR
- Buffalo Bills (2) – @PIT, ATL, @TB, @JAX
- Carolina Panthers (2) – @TB, ATL, TB, @ATL
- Houston Texans (2) – OAK, JAX, @JAC
- Jacksonville Jaguars (0) – @HOU, HOU, BUF
- Minnesota Vikings (1) – @NYG, WASH
- New York Giants (0) – MIN, OAK, @WASH, WASH
- Oakland Raiders (2) – PIT, @NYG, @HOU
- Pittsburgh Steelers (1) – @OAK, BUF
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0) – @ATL, CAR, ATL, @CAR, BUF
- Washington Redskins (1) – @MIN, NYG, @ATL, @NYG
The Front Runner
Having a lot of games against other teams on the list above helps obviously. But the three teams with no losses are lagging behind already. The Jacksonville Jaguars only get three more games against teams on this list, and two of them are against the underachieving Houston Texans. They were the front runner entering the season and would appear to be in the driver’s seat right now.