A new weekly feature where college and pro football meet, the NFL draft. 10 of last 11 teams who got the first overall pick have finished with 2 or fewer wins. There is no reason to think this year will be any different.
These teams got their third win this past week:
- Buffalo Bills
- Carolina Panthers
Somethings Gotta Give
- Pittsburgh Steelers at Oakland Raiders – Pittsburgh has quietly won two straight after an 0–4 start. It’s hard to see them losing this one, but anything can happen.
9 teams still have two wins or less. One team will be eliminated this week. Wins are in parenthesis. Games listed are against other teams on this list.
- Atlanta Falcons (2) – @TB, WSH
- Houston Texans (2) – OAK, JAX, @JAC
- Jacksonville Jaguars (0) – @HOU, HOU
- Minnesota Vikings (1) – WASH
- New York Giants (1) – OAK, @WASH, WASH
- Oakland Raiders (2) – PIT, @NYG, @HOU
- Pittsburgh Steelers (1) – @OAK
- Tampa Bay Buccaneers (0) – ATL
- Washington Redskins (2) – @MIN, NYG, @ATL, @NYG
The Front Runner
The state of Florida continues to just own these rankings. Now Jacksonville and Tampa Bay are the only two teams with no wins, and there are just three other teams with just one win. Pittsburgh is a strong candidate to get that 2nd win this week, and the Giants have a winnable game against the Eagles who are 0–3 at home this year. Meanwhile the Jaguars host the surging 49ers and Tampa has to play Carolina on short rest.