As always, all times are central.
|6:30 PM||Auburn @ Kansas St.|
Rarely do you get two top 20 programs playing on a Thursday night, but this one could be good. Weeknight road games are never gimmes. Plus this 2–0 Auburn team hasn’t played anyone yet. Both teams are coming off byes. Don’t sleep on the Wildcats.
|Time||Main TV||TV 2||TV 3|
|11 AM||Iowa at Pittsburgh
|Bowling Green at Wisconsin
|Troy at Georgia
|2:30 PM||Florida at Alabama
|North Carolina at East Carolina
|Utah at Michigan
(ABC or ESPN2)
|6 PM||Mississippi St. at LSU
|6:30 PM||MSU @ LSU||Oklahoma at West Virginia
|South Carolina at Vanderbilt
|7 PM||Clemson at Florida St.
|MSU @ LSU||OU @ WVU|
- After last week’s debacle Iowa coach Kirk Ferentz is probably getting closer to the hot seat than ever before. Pitt is a quiet 3–0 with a win at Boston College that suddenly looks a lot better.
- Wisconsin was last seen needing a 2nd half rally to blowout lowly Western Illinois, and really needs an Ohio St.-esqu rout to get back in most people’s good graces.
- Florida vs. Alabama was one of those games preseason that had potential. Florida has looked shaky though, and even though Bama has as well, this one might not be close.
- East Carolina might be the favorite from the non-power conferences to have a spot in one of the main bowls after upsetting Virginia Tech on the road, and hanging with South Carolina for a while in Columbia. Now they get a home game against a beatable North Carolina team. This would be a huge win for this program.
- Michigan continues their Jekyll and Hyde impersonation after dispatching Miami (OH) last week. Utah is somewhere in between them and Notre Dame. If Brady Hoke loses this one it’s likely that only withs against both Michigan St. and Ohio St. can save him.
- Mississippi St. is 3–0 but hasn’t played anyone. LSU is 3–0, and at home at night. Shouldn’t be close.
- Oklahoma didn’t dispatch Tennessee as easy as many thought they would, so they are do for just a blow the doors off them road win against West Virginia.
- South Carolina knocked off Georgia and made a lot of people forget that opening night loss to Texas A&M for now. They need a convincing win to keep that momentum.
- The game of the night, maybe. Clemson got dismantled by Georgia in week 1. And a better Clemson team got destroyed at home by Florida St. last year. If that wasn’t enough, the spread is FSU –20 (!!!!!). FSU doesn’t have a ton of chances to make statements, so that explains the theory that they will go for the blowout.
- Whatever games going are close [↩]