Definitely going to be the last non-weekly preview sports post for a while, so everyone can stop the angry notes :).
Something crazy happens every year. Last year it was probably the Falcons going 4–12. This year, I think some bad luck hits the Saints and they miss the playoffs. It was hard for me to pick the Bears as the 2nd wildcard. I do not think they are that good, but picking the Lions or Bucs just seemed too crazy.
Here we go, let’s get crazy! Chargers as division winners! I think Manning’s run finally slows down here. Welker is suspended, and Decker is gone so things might be tougher. I continue to think I am the only person outside of Miami who believes Ryan Tannehill will eventually be a top tier QB. Nothing else too crazy here.
|NFC||49ers over Seahawks|
|AFC||Chargers over Bengals|
|Super Bowl||49ers over Chargers|
Riding that San Diego bandwagon HARD! It’s time for something different in the AFC, and that is what I think it will be.
Eight Stupid Predictions
- Drew Brees gets hurt early and the Saints have an abysmal season
- Teddy Bridgewater is the starting QB in Minnesota by week 4 and wins offensive rookie of the year
- Brian Hoyer starts twice as many games at QB than Manziel
- The Cowboys stink and tease out Michael Sam’s debut as much as possible to stay relevant.
- Ron Rivera is the first coach fired after the Panthers start 2–8.
- Oakland goes 2–14 and lands the first pick in the NFL draft
- Jimmy Clausen starts at least one game for the Chicago Bear
- The Chip Kelly Hype gets so much momentum that is named is floated as a possible 2016 Presidential Candidate