Time to revisit the NFL predictions from this past fall.
Only one division winner was correct, and only two out of the six playoff teams was right. So pretty bad here. The Falcons were a trainwreck, but I nailed the prediction that the Saints would have an off year and miss the playoffs. I thought picking the Lions as a wildcard team was crazy. Oops.
Two out of four on division winners and four out of six on playoff teams isn’t bad. The Chargers went 9–7 but weren’t the team everyone thought they could be. The Dolphins struggled early and never bounced back. I was correct that Manning’s career slowed down, but not as much as I thought it would. The jury is still out on Ryan Tannehill.
|NFC||49ers over Seahawks|
|AFC||Chargers over Bengals|
|Super Bowl||49ers over Chargers|
Tried to ride the San Diego bandwagon hard and look really stupid for doing so. Only got one out of these 6 slots even close to correct.
Eight Stupid Predictions
- Drew Brees gets hurt early and the Saints have an abysmal season. 1/2 point: Saints season was pretty abysmal.
- Teddy Bridgewater is the starting QB in Minnesota by week 4 and wins offensive rookie of the year. 1/2 point: No ROTY but he cemented himself as the QB pretty early.
- Brian Hoyer starts twice as many games at QB than Manziel. Booyah!
- The Cowboys stink and tease out Michael Sam’s debut as much as possible to stay relevant. Yikes…
- Ron Rivera is the first coach fired after the Panthers start 2–8. Double yikes. The Panthers were bad, but their division was so much worse that the made the playoffs.
- Oakland goes 2–14 and lands the first pick in the NFL draft. 3–13 and the 2nd pick. Not bad
- Jimmy Clausen starts at least one game for the Chicago Bears WHAT WHAT!!! I can’t believe this was true
- The Chip Kelly Hype gets so much momentum that is named is floated as a possible 2016 Presidential Candidate Doubtful
Number 8 was obviously a joke, but looking at the other 7 not such a horrible job. Nailed two of them, and two more were half right. Oakland was close enough to call it a victory overall.
Pretty mediocre showing overall. Didn’t really hit on anything crazy outside of the Clausen thing. Playoff predictions were pretty bad. But it was still fun